Top 2004 Acura TL Problems
- Check Engine and D4 Lights Flashing.
- AutomaticTransmission May Fail, May Have Extended Warranty.
- Engine Idle Speed is Erratic or Engine Stalls.
- Squeak Type Noise From Front Door Glass.
- Check Engine Light for Running Rough and Difficulty Starting.
- 1 Are 2004 Acura TL reliable?
- 2 What year did Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 3 How long will a 2004 Acura TL last?
- 4 What year is the most reliable Acura TL?
- 5 What engine is in a 2004 Acura TL?
- 6 Do Acuras have bad transmissions?
- 7 How long do Acura transmissions last?
- 8 Are acuras good high mileage cars?
- 9 How do acuras hold up?
- 10 Does Acura TL need premium gas?
- 11 Which Acura year is the best?
- 12 Is used Acura TL a good car?
Are 2004 Acura TL reliable?
Reliability – Although the TL does have a few issues, for the most part owners have been very satisfied with reliability. Style – Many owners love the look of the 2004-2008 TL and consider it to be the best looking generation of TL, especially the TL Type-S.
What year did Acura TL have transmission problems?
In 2002, the Acura TL had a widespread defect within the transmission that meant complete transmission failure at around 148,000 miles. The same problem occurred in 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007, but with each year it began occurring at an earlier amount of mileage.
How long will a 2004 Acura TL last?
With good maintenance, either engine is known to last for over 200K. Read also: How to maintain your engine. Fuel Economy: The 2004-2008 Acura TL 3.2L automatic gets 18/26 mpg (13.1/9.0 L/100 km) city/highway on premium gasoline.
What year is the most reliable Acura TL?
While ultimately replaced, the TL was a mostly reliable, enjoyable car during its tenure. The Acura TL Type S model years 2007-2008 are by far the best TLs made, maybe even the best Acura made. It is reliable, reasonably priced on the used market, and fun to drive; everything you could ask for in a car.
What engine is in a 2004 Acura TL?
The Acura TL was equipped with the BDGA, B7WA and B7VA transmission in many years. Common failures included the torque converter, 3rd gear clutch pack, and the entire transmission due to blocked oil passages, damage from debris and/or heat related internal damage.
Do Acuras have bad transmissions?
Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems. Most car enthusiasts know that Acura had a problem with faulty transmissions in both the Acura TL and the Acura CL.
How long do Acura transmissions last?
How Long Do the Transmissions Last? Both generations of the TLX are equipped with automatic transmissions that are expected to last 250,000 – 300,000 miles.
Are acuras good high mileage cars?
Also, Repair Pal gave the Acura MDX 4 out of 5 when it comes to reliability, with the average annual repair cost coming in at only $571 per year. But that’s not all, there are many owners reporting that their MDXs have lasted well over the 200,000-mile mark, some of them even going for over 400,000 miles.
How do acuras hold up?
Acura Reliability Rating Breakdown. The Acura Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a Acura is $501, which means it has above average ownership costs.
Does Acura TL need premium gas?
The answer to the question,”Do all Acuras require premium gas?” is no — but it’s recommended that you use a higher-octane fuel in your Acura for a number of reasons.
Which Acura year is the best?
10 Best Acura Models of The Decade
- 1 2019 Acura RDX: More Luxury, More Power.
- 2 2018 Acura TLX: The Perfect Executive Sedan.
- 3 2017 Acura NSX: An Incomparable Supercar.
- 4: A Stylish Crossover.
- 5 2015 Acura RLX: The Sleek Sedan.
- 6 2014 Acura MDX: Roomy And Powerful.
- 7 2013 Acura ILX: One Smooth Drive.
Is used Acura TL a good car?
The 2014 Acura TL is a great used car; it’s reliable, comfortable to drive, and does well in crash tests. However, the TL falls short of being a great luxury car.