BMW 540i Motor Oil Change Kit – 1997-03 – 4.4L – 5w30.
- 1 What kind of oil does a BMW 5 series take?
- 2 Which oil is best for BMW?
- 3 Can I put 5W40 in my BMW?
- 4 What is BMW OEM oil?
- 5 Does BMW use full synthetic oil?
- 6 What oil do BMW dealers use?
- 7 How much oil does a 1998 BMW 540i take?
- 8 What oil does a 2000 BMW 540i take?
- 9 What kind of oil does a 1999 BMW 540i take?
- 10 How much oil does a 2003 BMW 530i take?
What kind of oil does a BMW 5 series take?
The best engine oil for BMW 5 Series is 5W30 synthetic grade oil, however we recommend you to stick with mineral engine oil for the initial 10,000kms.
Which oil is best for BMW?
Best Motor Oils for BMW
- Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil.
- Mobil 1 120760 Synthetic Motor Oil.
- Motul 007250 8100 X-cess.
- Pennzoil 550020166-6PK.
- Genuine Synthetic 5W30 Motor Oil.
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic.
Can I put 5W40 in my BMW?
Registered. The Castrol oil that BMW used to spec was midway between a 30 and 40 weight. Anything from 0W30 to 5W40 will be fine if it has the LL-98 or LL-01 rating.
What is BMW OEM oil?
Genuine (parts) Engine Oils are OEM owned branded oils such as Original BMW, Motorrad and MINI Engine Oils. They are specially formulated to meet specific needs of a given OEMs different vehicle components. Base oil produced using Shell PurePlus Technology is a high-quality API Group III synthetic base oil.
Does BMW use full synthetic oil?
While many car makes can use natural oils, BMWs require synthetic engine oils, with some models having different needs than others. Synthetic oils are synthesized with chemical compounds in a controlled process, eliminating contaminants.
What oil do BMW dealers use?
BMW Dealers predominantly use BMW’s original Twin Power Turbo engine oil branded as BMW Advantec synthetic oil or Genuine BMW Engine. In 2015 BMW changed from Castrol Oil (British Petroleum) to Shell Oil for making its proprietory synthetic motor oil.
How much oil does a 1998 BMW 540i take?
Capacity: 7.9 quarts. (with filter)After refill check oil level.
What oil does a 2000 BMW 540i take?
100% Synthetic Castrol 5W-30 is recommended.
What kind of oil does a 1999 BMW 540i take?
Valvoline Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30 5 Quart.
How much oil does a 2003 BMW 530i take?
Capacity: 6.9 quarts (with filter)After refill check oil level.